The Student Advocacy Service is a free and confidential independent service available to all enrolled students.
The Student Advocacy Service provides free and confidential advocacy in relation to the academic and procedural rules and regulations of the University.
Advocates are able to provide information and referral on topics related to:
- Special Consideration Requests
- Grade disputes
- Appeal processes, submissions and representation
- Lodging a grievance or complaint
- Student Misconduct (Academic and Non-Academic)
- University rules and regulations
- Enrolment issues
The Student Advocacy Service may also provide assistance, advice or referral for a broad range of issues that affect a student’s ability to maintain their studies at Southern Cross University. This may include:
- Financial/Centrelink problems
- Residential tenancy advice and referral
- Discrimination and harassment
- Workplace disputes
- Court matters
The Student Advocacy Service ensures that students are fairly represented by providing relevant information, referral and advice as well as acting as an advocate, liaison or support person.
Your student advocacy team can be contacted at:
Shop 9A Goodman Plaza — next to the Student Common Room
- Shae Brown (Senior Advocate): 02 6626 9232 – firstname.lastname@example.org
A new Student Advocate at the Gold Coast is being recruited. In the meantime contact one of the advocates who will be able to assist you until then.
- Haylee Fuller (Advocate): 02 6659 3276 – email@example.com