The Midwifery Society is open to all Bachelor of Midwifery and midwifery-interested students at Southern Cross University on the Gold Coast.
Being a member of the Midwifery Society lasts your entire degree (be it 3 years or 6 years!). By being a member you automatically get 50% off ticket prices to our events and $20 off our conference tickets.
The Midwifery Society offers many workshops and educational events throughout the year. Not only do these expand your knowledge but you also get a Certificate of Attendance. These look great in your portfolio and enhance your graduate position applications!
– Educational days
– Workshops and information sessions on a variety of topics
– Annual International Day of the Midwife Conferences
– Study groups
The Midwifery Society is a big supporter of socialisation and self-care! We offer opportunities to socialise with all midwifery students as well as relaxing activities such as yoga/meditation. Social events and community inclusive events include:
– Movie nights
– Free lunches, morning tea and afternoon teas
– Charity drives
– Bake sales
– Member meetings
Want to be on the Midwifery Society Committee?
There are always opportunities to be involved in the Midwifery Society. Being involved is a great opportunity to get involved and show prospective employers that you can work well within an organisation and in leadership roles. Interested? Send them an email!
Have some questions? Email our President, Inny Slade, at email@example.com
For regular updates and event details, please follow SCU Midwifery Society on Facebook.
Midwifery Society Objectives:
- To connect all students enrolled in the Bachelor of Midwifery program at Southern Cross University.
- To encourage and support the student midwives of Southern Cross University academically.
- To support the emotional and physical wellbeing of student midwives at Southern Cross University.
- To promote women’s health on campus.
- To promote discussion between all year levels.
- To provide career development and additional learning opportunities for Southern Cross University student midwives.
- To raise funds for and donate to charities, organisations and facilities that support women’s health and the local population of childbearing women.
Disclaimer: We are a club which operates under the CoastRs Student Association and are funded by our members and SSAF.