Variation to Terms and Conditions for Ticket Sales
CoastRs Incorporated may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating them. Any variations will only apply to ticket purchases made after these Terms and Conditions have been updated.
Additional Seller Terms and Conditions
Each ticket is also sold subject to any additional terms and conditions of the Seller for the particular event (“Seller’s Terms”). The Seller’s Terms may be disclosed as part of the event information on coastrs.com.au at the time of purchase. The Seller’s Terms are also available from CoastRs Incorporated upon request.
General Terms and Conditions
CoastRs Incorporated acts as agent for the Seller in the sale of all Club and Societies tickets for events. As such, except as specified in these Terms and Conditions, all claims in connection with tickets or events are the sole responsibility of the Seller and, except to the extent required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law) CoastRs Incorporated otherwise has no liability to you.
Refunds, exchanges and replacements
1. CoastRs Incorporated will only offer a refund or exchange of a ticket if an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated by the Seller (and you cannot or do not wish to attend the rescheduled or relocated event), or to the extent otherwise required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). You must apply for a refund within a reasonable time. CoastRs Incorporated does not offer refunds or exchanges as a result of a change in your personal circumstances;
2. If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated by the Seller, all liability is limited to the amount for which the ticket was purchased (including any fees or charges). Proof of purchase may be required for any refund or exchange. Unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither CoastRs Incorporated nor the Seller will be liable for any other losses incurred by you as a result of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation of an event, including any travel and accommodation expenses;
3. CoastRs Incorporated will only replace lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets if the authenticity of the ticket can be verified, including proof of purchase, and if you give reasonable notice before the event. CoastRs Incorporated may charge a reasonable fee for the replacement of tickets. CoastRs Incorporated may not replace tickets where seating is unallocated (general admission tickets).
Variations to performances or events
4. The Seller reserves the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute details and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements (including ticket categories) and audience capacity;
Conditions of entry
5. Admission to an event is subject to the Seller’s Terms. In particular, the following form part of the Seller’s terms unless otherwise specified:
(a) You may be denied entry into, or removed from, an event where the Seller has reasonable grounds to do so, including if you breach these Terms and Conditions or the Seller’s Terms, or you are intoxicated, under the influence of illicit drugs, inappropriately attired or adversely affecting the enjoyment of the event by others;
(b) If you arrive late, you may not be admitted until a suitable break in the event;
(c) You may not be permitted to take into the event, or use, cameras or other photographic or recording equipment (including mobile phones);
(d) You may be required to submit to a search of your person and/or possessions before entering the event.
Authenticity and validity of tickets
6. Entry to an event may be refused if the authenticity or validity of a ticket is questionable, including because the ticket has been damaged or defaced in any way, or has not been purchased from CoastRs Incorporated or other authorised points of sale.
Resale of tickets & scalping
7. Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of CoastRs Incorporated and the Seller, be resold or offered for resale at a premium or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the ticketholder may be refused admission. CoastRs Incorporated and/or the Seller will take all reasonable steps to notify you of CoastRs Incorporated’s intention to cancel the ticket or render it invalid within a reasonable time before cancelling it or rendering it invalid.
SCALPING WARNING: The resale of tickets in certain circumstances is governed by ticket sales legislation and may attract criminal penalties.
Collection and delivery of tickets
8. You must allow adequate time for collection or delivery of tickets. Methods of collection and/or delivery will be available when choosing your collection/delivery details. In the interests of minimising ticket scalping, CoastRs Incorporated may change your delivery method to “venue collect” or “on day collection” at its discretion.
9. Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided for collection of tickets and at the event.
Limitations on number of tickets purchased
10. When purchasing tickets for a particular event you may be limited to a specified number of tickets. If you exceed the stated ticket limit, you may have any or all of your orders and tickets cancelled without notice by CoastRs Incorporated at its discretion. This includes orders associated with the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other information. Ticket limits apply to ensure fair access to tickets for fans, and as a measure to minimise ticket scalping.
11. While CoastRs Incorporated takes all reasonable care to ensure that tickets are correctly priced and only available for sale when intended, sometimes errors may occur. CoastRs Incorporated may cancel an order made as a result of any such error, although in the case of a pricing error CoastRs Incorporated will endeavour to contact you to give you the option of purchasing the ticket at the correct price.
The term “including” when used in these Terms and Conditions is not a term of limitation.
CoastRs Student Association is pleased to offer discounted or subsidised tickets (where applicable) on presentation of identification to:
Members of the CoastRs Student Association;
Southern Cross University Students (internal and external);
Students (other than Southern Cross University);
Southern Cross University Student Tickets
Southern Cross University students whom are CoastRs members are entitled to free admission to events presented by CoastRs Student Association at the Gold Coast campus excluding special events and external events. Tickets are subject to availability.
ABN 47 919 544 221
Southern Cross University Gold Coast Campus
Building B, Level 4,
Southern Cross Drive
LOCKED MAIL BAG 4
07 5589 3072
Goods and Services
CoastRs Incorporated may advertise and sell event and conference tickets for CoastRs Incorporated Club’s and Societies. Ticket sales will not only be limited to CoastRs Incorporated run events and functions. CoastRs Incorporated do not charge a fee for shipping and booking of tickets.
All CoastRs Incorporated transactions will be in AUSTRALIAN (AUD) dollars via credit / visa cards. Cash payment and eftpos facilities are available if event tickets are purchased through the CoastRs Incorporated office located on Level 4, Building B, Southern Cross University, Bilinga, Gold Coast 4226.
Card types accepted for payment;